Women & Men
Collagen stimulating injections Melbourne
Collagen stimulating injections are a powerful treatment in Melbourne that can effectively improve facial hollows, sagging skin, and restore tightness and elasticity to your skin.
A popular treatment in Melbourne, collagen stimulating injections achieve long-lasting, age-appropriate results, and rejuvenate the tissues at the molecular level. They are most commonly used to rejuvenate the contours of your face, and can also enhance facial definition, and improve the the skin quality on your face, neck and body.
Treatment takes 10-30 minutes. No downtime.
Minimal discomfort. Numbing available.
Result is immediate, improving over 3 months.
To maintain look, revisit every 2-4 years.
Average spend is $1950-$2775Book Now
How it works
Are you concerned that you’ve lost the facial structures of your younger days? Noticing that your skin is looking saggy these days? Collagen stimulating injections are the gold-standard cosmetic injectable treatment in Melbourne to address facial ageing without surgery.
Facial ageing is a complex process, with changes occurring at multiple levels. Bone remodelling causes a loss of facial structure and contour; facial fat distribution causes hollowing in your cheeks, temples and forehead, and heaviness along your jawline and neck; and collagen breakdown results in sagging, aged skin.
Collagen stimulating injections restore lost volume and regenerate collagen to rejuvenate your facial structure in multiple ways. This highly effective treatment in Melbourne is one of the most effective ways to naturally-rejuvenate your appearance with minimal discomfort and no downtime. It is the perfect option to address many of the most common signs of ageing in an age-appropriate way.
At Cosmetic Connection Melbourne, our medical professionals are highly experienced in performing safe and effective collagen stimulating injection treatments. When choosing to have collagen stimulating injections with us, you can expect a personalised consultation, bespoke recommendations, and a treatment that is performed safely and professionally.
Collagen stimulating injections are a popular cosmetic treatment in Melbourne with benefits that include:
- Restore age-related volume loss affecting the face and hands
- Give the face more youthful contours and improve the appearance of sagging skin
- Stimulate the production of new collagen fibres
- Improve the quality and tightness of the skin on many areas of the face, neck and body
- Provide results that look and feel natural
- Result improves over 3 months and can last many years
The most important advantage of collagen stimulating injections is that once the product has been metabolised by the body, you will be left with your own collagen. This collagen provides volume and structural support to the facial tissues with the result lasting for many years.
Preparation & aftercare
How to prepare for collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne:
- Remove all makeup immediately before your appointment
- Shave/closely trim the treatment area where applicable the day before your appointment
- Avoid consuming excessive alcohol within 24 hours of your appointment
- Refrain from intense exercise immediately before your appointment
Collagen stimulating injection Melbourne aftercare:
- Avoid makeup, excessive alcohol and intense exercise until the following day
- Gently apply a wrapped ice pack to the treated areas to minimise swelling and bruising
- Refrain from applying pressure to the treated areas for 7 days
- Mild discomfort and swelling in the treated areas is to be expected
- Small lumps related to local swelling may occur and will resolve over a few weeks
Before & after
Before & after
Before and 3 months after collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne.
This treatment targeted sagging skin and volume loss affecting the mid and lower face.
Before and 3 months after male collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne to treat the mid and lower face.
The goal was to restore facial definition and achieve a refreshed appearance.
Before and 3 months after full face collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne.
Before and after collagen stimulating injections for this male patient in Melbourne.
Before and after collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne showing the gradual and long-lasting improvement in the signs of ageing. This reflects the collagen stimulation process.
Each melbourne collagen stimulating treatment is perfectly tailored to you.
Get clarity on your treatment in our info hub.
We believe that you deserve to be fully informed about all aspects of your treatment. If you want to dive deeper into the details of this treatment, check out the in-depth information hub.Visit the info hub
We want to answer any possible questions you may have.
If you can’t find the answers to your questions, get in touch with the clinic and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Cosmetic Connection is a dedicated collagen stimulating injection clinic in Melbourne. Our clinic excels in providing a first-class service, and our cosmetic doctors are some of the most experienced in the country.
We offer a purely bespoke approach to collagen stimulating injections, and will work with you to understand your concerns and develop a bespoke treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.
If you want tailored collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne, choose the cosmetic doctors at Cosmetic Connection.
Collagen stimulating injections are a type of cosmetic injectable that works to add volume and restore collagen levels in your skin and facial tissue. As these new collagen fibres are laid down, facial hollows are reduced, an skin quality is improved.
There are two types of collagen stimulating injections:
- Gel based: These give an immediate correction in facial volume that is subsequently replaced by new collagen fibres over a 3 month period. This achieves long-lasting, natural-looking improvement in areas of hollowing and volume loss.
- Powder based: These have historically been used for certain medical conditions. The powder is mixed with sterile water, and then injected into areas of hollowness. The water disperses the powder, which then stimulates collagen. This product does not achieve short-term volumisation, as the water is quickly absorbed by the body.
Collagen stimulating injections use the body’s natural response to biocompatible materials. The body recognises the collagen stimulating substance after injection.
Over the next three-months, the cells that make the glue that holds the facial tissues together (fibroblasts), begin to lay down new collagen fibres.
Collagen increases the volume and structural stability of the facial tissues and skin.
This gives you a fuller, more youthful appearance, which looks and feels natural.
After your consultation, your skin will be cleaned to minimise the risk of infection. Markings are then made with a skin pencil to ensure accurate placement of the product.
Collagen stimulating products are then placed beneath the skin using either a fine, sharp needle, or a blunt needle (known as a cannula).
The product is mixed with local anaesthetic to ensure a comfortable treatment. If you are concerned about pain, we have a range of strong numbing options available.
After treatment there may be some mild swelling and tenderness. Any treatment related swelling and redness will quickly settle. You can apply a wrapped cold pack to the treated area to help the healing process.
When done correctly, collagen stimulating injections have minimal discomfort.
To minimise any pain, we take some precautions. We combine the product with anaesthetic and inject it with either a tiny needle or a blunt cannula. This significantly reduces discomfort.
We can also use additional numbing techniques if you are worried about pain.
Collagen stimulating injections immediately correct facial contours and hollowing.
The collagen stimulator continues to produce new collagen fibres over the next 3 months.
You will see final result 12 weeks after the treatment.
The volumising result of collagen stimulating injections will last 12-24 months.
The collagen produced by the body in the treated areas will last for many years.
There are a few steps to take before your collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne to optimise the outcome, and reduce the risk of side effects. They include:
- Cease all anti-inflammatories, aspirin, herbal supplements, fish oil, krill oil, glucosamine and vitamin E 1 week before your treatment (unless you have been advised to take these by a medical practitioner)
- Avoid excessive alcohol within 24 hours of your appointment
- Avoid wearing makeup to your appointment
- Closely shave the treatment area where applicable the day before your treatment
Following your treatment with collagen stimulating injections in Melbourne you will be able to resume most normal activity immediately.
The following are the most important aftercare instructions:
- Apply a wrapped ice pack gently for any discomfort and to reduce swelling
- Do not massage the treated area unless advised to do so
- Avoid major dental treatment for 2 weeks (clarify with your dentist regarding suitability is you are unsure)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
It will take 3 months until you can see the final result.
Collagen stimulating injections are categorised as a low-risk treatment. They have a great safety profile, and are highly biocompatible.
At Cosmetic Connection Melbourne our team of medical professionals have extensive experience in the use of collagen stimulating injections.
Don't leave things to chance. Discover the vital info most clinics WON'T tell you about melbourne collagen stimulating treatments.
Upon arriving at our inclusive and private clinic, you will be welcomed by our friendly reception team. We will confirm your contact details and ensure that you have completed all relevant forms.
Your session will commence with a comprehensive consultation with one of our experienced medical professionals.
We will take the time to understand your concerns and goals, and assess your suitability for our treatments.
You will learn about the different treatment options available to you, and have ample opportunity to ask any questions.
We will ensure that you completely understand the discussion, and design a personalised treatment plan for you.
After designing your personalised treatment, we will explain the most important details to you. This includes information about how your treatment works, aftercare information, the risks involved, and the results you can expect.
Before proceeding with treatment, we will take clinical photos. This ensures that we have a reference point to track your treatment journey. We keep all clinical images confidential unless you give us permission to share them.
Your comfort is our priority. We understand that pain is one of the biggest concerns people have about their cosmetic procedure.
Using the highest quality equipment, premium products that contain local anaesthetic, and an extremely gentle technique, our treatments are some of the most comfortable available.
As a doctor-led clinic, we also have access to a range of high-strength numbing options. These include specially formulated numbing cream, ice, numbing injections and distraction devices.
The procedure will be performed professionally, with a high attention to detail and the utmost care and caution. Our doctors prioritise three things when it comes to your treatment: your safety, your result, and your comfort.
With emergency equipment on-site and long appointment times, we guarantee your safety is our priority, and that your treatments are never rushed.
Following the treatment, we will advise you on how to care for the treated area to ensure a smooth and swift recovery. You will also receive an email with detailed aftercare instructions.
All treatments performed at Cosmetic Connection come with the option of a complimentary follow-up appointment.
You’ll notice an immediate result after having collagen stimulating injections. Over the next 3 months your result will continue to improve as new collagen fibres are produced. You’ll see an improvement in your facial contours and definition, reduced hollowing, and your skin will feel stronger, tighter and less saggy.
You can look forward to enjoying an age-appropriate result that can be expected to last from 2-4 years. Most people opt for a more conservative maintenance treatment every 1-2 years as they continue to age.
The clinicians here at Cosmetic Connection Melbourne routinely perform a large number of collagen stimulating treatments to a consistently high standard. You can consider combining collagen stimulating injections with treatments such as anti-wrinkle injections, dermal filler and fat dissolving injections, to achieve a natural-looking result.
What does collagen do?
Collagen is vital protein that gives structure, strength and support to the connective tissue of your face and body. As the most abundant protein in the body, it’s primary role in regards to your appearance is to keep your skin and supportive structures of your face strong and resilient.
From around the age of 30, we start to lose collagen from our skin and deeper facial tissues. This causes our skin and facial connective tissues to become weak, saggy and thin giving a hollow, aged appearance. Collagen stimulating injections are an effective way to restore not just facial volume, but to regenerate collagen, rejuvenating the skin and facial tissues at the molecular level.
Collagen restoration provides a natural, age-appropriate improvement in visible skin folds and wrinkles, restores more youthful facial contours, and rejuvenates the quality, tone and tightness of the facial tissues.
How do collagen stimulating injections work?
At Cosmetic Connection, we use dual-action gel-based collagen-stimulating injections.
The first component of the injected substance is a gel carrier known as CMC that instantly restores volume loss in your face brought on by ageing or weight loss. As the body naturally absorbs the CMC gel, it improves facial features, restores facial volume, and lasts for roughly two to three months.
Second, about 30% of the injected material is made up of microspheres comprised of either calcium hydroxylapatite or polycaprolactone. These microspheres encourage your body to produce collagen. The body produces new collagen fibres as it recognises these microspheres, which leads to enhanced facial tissue quality, long-lasting volume improvement, and tighter skin. This collagen stimulation process continues over the first 2-3 months, replacing the initial effects of the CMC gel and further enhancing the results.
What are the different types of collagen stimulating injections?
- Immediately enhance the volume, shape, and contour of your face while also encouraging the body to produce new collagen fibres.
- They are injected in the same way as standard dermal fillers.
- They create type 1 collagen that lasts many years.
- The collagen stimulation process continues for 12 weeks.
- Power-based collagen stimulating injections are first dissolved in water before injection. The injected water is gradually reabsorbed, resulting in the loss of any immediate volume correction within a few days.
- The water serves as a dispersal medium, allowing the powder to spread evenly throughout the treatment area.
- These injections promote the production of type 3 collagen, which can have a long-lasting effect, lasting for several years.
- Following the procedure, it is crucial to strictly adhere to aftercare instructions, including regular massages during the initial five days, to ensure a uniform outcome.
- The final result of the procedure is seen after 12 weeks.
The gold-standard for collagen stimulation are gel-based collagen stimulating injections. Compared to powder-based collagen stimulators, they offer an immediate result, higher-quality collagen, simpler aftercare, and greater predictability.
Benefits of collagen stimulating injections
Gel-based collagen stimulating fillers provide an immediate improvement in facial volume, structure and shape. They also reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds.
Gel-based collagen stimulators contain a biocompatible CMC gel. CMC provides facial volume, and acts as a carrier for the collagen stimulating microspheres.
Collagen stimulating injections contain either polycaprolactone or calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres. Once injected, these microspheres trigger the production of fresh collagen fibres over a span of 12 weeks. This process enhances facial volume, improves facial structure, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and folds, and tightens and rejuvenates the skin and facial tissue. The results are natural-looking and long-lasting, providing a refreshed appearance and a satisfying texture.
Collagen stimulating injections compared to dermal fillers
- Instantly improves the volume, shape and structure of the face
- Reduces the severity of deep skin folds and wrinkles
- Stimulates the production of new collagen fibres and rejuvenates facial tissue at a molecular level
- The collagen produced gives a result that looks and feels natural
- Gives a result that can last for several years
- Not reversible
- Do not use around the eyelids, lips or nose
- Instantly improves the volume, shape and structure of the face
- Reduces the appearance of deep skin folds and wrinkles
- Gives a natural look that usually lasts 12-24 months, sometimes longer
- Fully reversible using dermal filler dissolving
- Can be used on all areas of the face