The information we collect
When you provide us with information in connection with a particular activity, Product or Service, you expressly consent to our communicating with you about our Products and Services using the information you provided to us. You also attest that you have the legal authority over any telephone number you provide to us and can provide us with the authorisation to contact you.
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
As our patient or when making an enquiry with us:
- your name;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- your contact details, including email address, street address and telephone number;
- scanned copies or photographs of your photo identification documents;
- images of you before and after your treatment;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- your credit card or other payment details when you book an appointment or pay for our Products and/or Services;
- your social medial profiles;
- information you provide to us, including through feedback, customer surveys or otherwise;
- details of Products and Services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- support requests submitted to us and our response to you;
- your sensitive information as set out below;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, your computer’s internet protocol address, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Products and Services, including through the use of internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
When you visit our website or use our online Services or apps:
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Sensitive information: The types of sensitive information we may collect about you is your medical history and relevant health information, including:
- your pregnancy or breastfeeding status;
- your history of medical conditions, psychological conditions and surgery;
- your history of cosmetic treatments;
- your past and current medications and allergies;
- your family history of medical conditions; and
- any other sensitive information we deem relevant to your treatment with us.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you use our online booking system, when you request our assistance via email, via our websites, in our clinics, via social media, via SMS, or over the telephone. This may include photographs, files, music, video, questions, comments or other content.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone, via SMS, via social media and in our clinics;
- From third parties: We collect personal information from third parties, such as details of your use of our website from our analytics and cookie providers and marketing providers, from your relatives or emergency contact, and from other healthcare providers, such as specialists, allied health professionals, pathology and diagnostic imaging services.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services;
- to provide our Services to you, including to manage your appointments;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services, including in response to any booking requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our Services;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our Products and Services and other information (including information about third parties) that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we or you may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us, to consider your employment application; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Sensitive information: We collect, hold, use and disclose sensitive information for the following purposes:
- any purposes you consent to;
- the primary purpose for which it is collected, to determine the suitability and safety of our treatments based on your medical history;
- secondary purposes that are directly related to the primary purpose for which it was collected, including disclosure to the below listed third parties as reasonably necessary to provide our Services to you;
- to contact emergency services, or to speak with your family, partner or support person where we reasonably believe there is a serious risk to the life, health or safety of you or another person and it is impracticable for us to obtain your consent;
- and if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our disclosures of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, accreditation agencies, email marketing providers, debt collectors, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competitions we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- other health-care providers;
- where there is a statutory requirement to share certain personal information;
- third parties to collect and process data;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for Products or Services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or to establish, exercise or defend an equitable claim; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Overseas disclosure and transfer of data
While we store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia, including the United States.
Unless we seek and receive your consent to an overseas disclosure of your personal information, we will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles and/or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to require that overseas recipients protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Pixel tracking uses a pixel tag (short lines of computer code) to measure the effectiveness of marketing and advertisements and to compile aggregate usage statistics. Personally identifiable information about you is not collected by pixel tracking, nor is any tracking information generated from the pixel tag allowed to be used for any other purpose than to report website and marketing activity to us.
Our website may link to external sites that are note operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and disclaim all responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 31st July 2022