The temples, the area between the ears and the eyes that sits just above your cheek bones that for some can look unnaturally hollow. While slight temple hollows are a natural feature for many people, some either naturally have very hollow temples, while other people find that as they age their temples start to look rather gaunt.
What are temple fillers?
Temple fillers are an injectable treatment that is used to add volume and fullness to the temples, which are the areas on either side of the head between the ears and eyes, in front of the hair bearing area. Temple fillers can be used to restore volume that has been lost due to ageing or to create a more balanced and youthful appearance for people with naturally hollow temples.
They are typically made of a molecule based on a substance known as hyaluronic acid that is found naturally in the body and helps to keep the skin hydrated and plump. Temple fillers are usually injected using a fine needle or a blunt cannula and can be done in a doctor’s office. The effects of temple fillers are usually temporary and generally require maintenance every 6-24 months on average.
How are dermal fillers used in the temples?
Dermal fillers are volumising gels that can add volume to hollow temples. They are typically placed deeply beneath the muscular layers, and work by lifting the skin of the temples. This gives the temples a fuller, more youthful appearance and provides structural support to sagging skin of the upper and mid face.
To use dermal fillers in the temples, your practitioner will first clean the area and may apply a numbing cream to reduce discomfort. Using a fine needle or blunt cannula, the provider will then inject the filler into the desired area in the temple. The area may then be moulded to ensure that the filler is evenly distributed.
Benefits of temple dermal fillers
Temple fillers can offer a number of benefits, including:
- Restoring volume to the temples: As we age, we naturally lose volume in certain areas of the face, including the temples. Temple fillers can help to restore volume to the temples and create a more youthful appearance.
- Balancing the face: Temple fillers can help to balance the overall proportions of the face and create a more harmonious and symmetrical appearance.
- Non-surgical option: Temple fillers are a non-surgical option for adding volume to the temples, making them a good choice for people who are not interested in or not suitable for surgery.
- Quick and convenient: Temple filler treatments are usually quick and can be done in a doctor’s office. The effects of temple fillers are also usually temporary, which means that they can be easily reversed or adjusted if desired.
- Natural-looking results: When administered by a qualified healthcare provider, temple fillers can produce natural-looking results that enhance your appearance without looking unnatural or artificial.
- Support the mid and upper face: The temples are one of the pillars of the facial structure. Restoring support to the temples with dermal fillers can improve the position of the eyebrows, and can be used in conjunction with cheek filler and under eye filler to correct hollow under eyes.
Are temple fillers safe?
Temple fillers are generally safe when administered by a qualified and experienced practitioner. Like any medical procedure, there are risks involved with temple fillers, including the risk of infection, allergic reactions, and bleeding. In rare cases, people may experience more serious complications such as skin injury.
It’s important to choose a qualified practitioner who has experience administering temple fillers and to follow their aftercare instructions carefully to minimise the risk of complications. It’s also important to disclose any medical conditions or allergies you have, as well as any medications you are taking, to your practitioner before the procedure.
Am I suitable for temple fillers?
If you have noticed that your temples look rather hollow, or that you are starting to developing sagging skin around the eyebrows, eyes and cheeks, then temple fillers may be worth considering. They are a cornerstone treatment that provides a great foundation for non-surgical facial rejuvenation in a natural looking way.
Read more about this treatment on our temple filler page.
You can always get in touch with the team at Cosmetic Connection and even send some photos through for an assessment.
If you want to book an appointment for temple fillers, we would be more than happy to see you.