So, now that you’ve undergone facial rejuvenation and volumisation, you’ll want to ensure that your result looks great for as long as possible.
Here at Cosmetic Connection, we believe that patient education is one of the most important parts of your treatment journey. While the procedure may be minor and non-surgical, it is vital that you know how to make the most of your treatment by carefully adhering to the aftercare instructions for your facial rejuvenation and volumisation.
Following the facial rejuvenation and volumisation aftercare is an effective way to achieve and maintain a great and long-lasting result.
What should I avoid after facial rejuvenation and volumisation?
Until the day after your facial rejuvenation and volumisation, you should avoid:
- Applying makeup
- Lying down with pressure on your face (try to sleep on your back)
For the first 24 hours after facial rejuvenation and volumisation, you should avoid:
- Intense exercise
- Excessive alcohol
For the first 7 days after your treatment, you should avoid:
- Applying firm pressure to your face
How to reduce swelling after facial rejuvenation and volumisation
Here are some great ways you can minimise any swelling from your facial rejuvenation and volumisation:
- Avoid hot environments until the swelling has resolved. This includes hot showers, saunas and sitting out in the sun.
- You can take an antihistamine on the day of your treatment, as long as you are medically suitable.
- Avoid touching, scratching or picking at the skin of the treated areas.
- Gently apply a wrapped ice pack intermittently (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off) for the first 4 hours after your dermal filler injections.
How to reduce bruising after facial rejuvenation and volumisation
If you are worried about bruising from your facial rejuvenation and volumisation, consider following these steps:
- Avoid excessive alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid intense exercise for the first day
- Gently apply a wrapped cold pack intermittently for the first few hours after your facial rejuvenation and volumisation (be careful not to apply any pressure).
If you have bruising after your facial rejuvenation and volumisation, you can cover it with makeup the day after your treatment.
What to expect in the first few months after facial rejuvenation and volumisation
You can look forward to enjoying an immediate improvement in your appearance after your facial rejuvenation and volumisation.
In the first few days, there may be some mild swelling and tenderness. The final result will be visible either immediately, or within 2-12 weeks depending on the treatment modalities used.
- Dermal filler gives an immediate result that settles over 1-2 weeks.
- Anti-wrinkle injections take 2 weeks to fully work.
- Collagen stimulating injections give an immediate result that improved over the first 12 weeks.
- Fat dissolving injections take 8 weeks to fully settle.
If it is your first treatment, or all of the filler from your previous treatment has worn off before you come back for another session, there is a small chance that you will notice a slight drop in the visible result over the first few months. In such cases, a second treatment can be performed to achieve an even better and more stable result.
You can expect your result to look great for 12-24 months on average. If you’ve had anti-wrinkle injections, you will need maintenance every 3 months on average. Your body will gradually break down the injected dermal filler, meaning the result will slowly wear off over time.
Most patients revisit facial rejuvenation and volumisation every 12-24 months on average to maintain their result.
Are there any side effects with facial rejuvenation and volumisation?
All cosmetic medical procedures have potential side effects.
When performed with skill, caution and care, facial rejuvenation and volumisation are categorised as a low-risk procedure. You can reduce the risk of side effects by following proper facial rejuvenation and volumisation aftercare.
While it is unlikely, some facial rejuvenation and volumisation side effects that you may experience include:
- Skin redness that will gradually improve in the first few days.
- Bruising which has about a 5-10% risk and can be covered with makeup.
- Mild swelling that may make your face appear slightly over-corrected for the first 1-3 days.
Facial rejuvenation and volumisation to the masseter muscles also have a rare risk of temporary smile weakness and muscle bulging.
If you ever notice any rashes or skin discolouration after facial rejuvenation and volumisation, it is important that you get in touch with us for an assessment. You can send a photo of your concerns using our contact form.
Why is facial rejuvenation and volumisation aftercare important?
No matter if it’s your first facial rejuvenation and volumisation treatment or your tenth, following the facial rejuvenation and volumisation aftercare is very important.
Following these aftercare instructions for facial rejuvenation and volumisation is the best way to care for your new look, reduce the chance of side effects and prolong your result.
While these aftercare steps may seem minor and trivial, not following them may compromise your result.
We want you to achieve the best result possible and love your new look, so please, take care.
Facial rejuvenation and volumisation
Here at Cosmetic Connection, facial rejuvenation and volumisation is one of our most popular treatments, and a favourite among our clinical team.
It is a great option to sculpt a more refreshed appearance. The specific areas of the face that will be treated depends on your unique anatomy and your treatment goals.
Get in touch with our team for more information on this treatment.