So, now that you’ve undergone full face enhancement with dermal fillers, you’ll want to ensure that your result looks great for as long as possible.
Here at Cosmetic Connection, we believe that patient education is one of the most important parts of your treatment journey. While the procedure may be minor and non-surgical, it is vital that you know how to make the most of your treatment by carefully adhering to the aftercare instructions for your full face enhancement.
Following the full face enhancement aftercare is an effective way to achieve and maintain a great and long-lasting result.
What should I avoid after a full face enhancement with dermal fillers?
Until the day after your full face filler injections, you should avoid:
- Applying makeup
- Lying down with pressure on your face (try to sleep on your back)
For the first 24 hours after full face enhancement, you should avoid:
- Intense exercise
- Excessive alcohol
For the first 7 days after your treatment, you should avoid:
- Applying firm pressure to your face
How to reduce swelling after a full face enhancement
Here are some great ways you can minimise any swelling from your full face filler injections:
- Avoid hot environments until the swelling has resolved. This includes hot showers, saunas and sitting out in the sun.
- You can take an antihistamine on the day of your treatment, as long as you are medically suitable.
- Avoid touching, scratching or picking at the skin of your full face.
- Gently apply a wrapped ice pack intermittently (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off) for the first 4 hours after your dermal filler injections.
How to reduce bruising after a full face enhancement
If you are worried about bruising from your full face enhancement, consider following these steps:
- Avoid excessive alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid intense exercise for the first day
- Gently apply a wrapped cold pack intermittently for the first few hours after your full face enhancement (be careful not to apply any pressure).
If you have bruising after your full face filler injections, you can cover it with makeup the day after your injections.
What to expect in the first few months after a full face enhancement with dermal fillers
You can look forward to enjoying an immediate improvement in your appearance after your full face enhancement.
In the first few days, there may be some mild swelling and tenderness. The final result will be visible either immediately, or within 2-12 weeks depending on the treatment modalities used.
- Dermal filler gives an immediate result that settles over 1-2 weeks.
- Anti-wrinkle injections take 2 weeks to fully work.
- Collagen stimulating injections give an immediate result that improved over the first 12 weeks.
- Fat dissolving injections take 8 weeks to fully settle.
If it is your first treatment, or all of the filler from your previous treatment has worn off before you come back for another session, there is a small chance that you will notice a slight drop in the visible result over the first few months. In such cases, a second treatment can be performed to achieve an even better and more stable result.
You can expect your result to look great for 12-24 months on average. If you’ve had double chin fat injections the result is permanent, while anti-wrinkle injections will need maintenance every 3 months on average. Your body will gradually break down the injected dermal filler, meaning the result will slowly wear off over time.
Most patients revisit full face enhancement every 12-24 months on average to maintain their result.
Are there any side effects with a full face enhancement?
All cosmetic medical procedures have potential side effects.
When performed with skill, caution and care, a full face enhancement is categorised as a low-risk procedure. You can reduce the risk of side effects by following proper full face enhancement aftercare.
While it is unlikely, some full face enhancement side effects that you may experience include:
- Skin redness that will gradually improve in the first few days.
- Bruising which has about a 5-10% risk and can be covered with makeup.
- Mild swelling that may make your face appear slightly over-corrected for the first 1-3 days.
Double chin fat dissolving injections also have a rare risk of temporary lower lip weakness.
If you ever notice any rashes or skin discolouration after a full face enhancement, it is important that you get in touch with us for an assessment. You can send a photo of your concerns using our contact form.
Why is full face enhancement aftercare important?
No matter if it’s your first full face enhancement or your tenth, following the full face enhancement aftercare is very important.
Following these aftercare instructions for full face filler injections is the best way to care for your new look, reduce the chance of side effects and prolong your result.
While these aftercare steps may seem minor and trivial, not following them may compromise your result.
We want you to achieve the best result possible and love your new look, so please, take care.
Full face enhancement with dermal fillers
Here at Cosmetic Connection, full face enhancement with fillers is one of our most popular treatments, and a favourite among our clinical team.
It is a great option to sculpt your ideal face. If you have a weak, poorly defined or unbalanced face then this may be just what you need. The specific areas of the face that will be treated depends on your unique anatomy and your treatment goals.
You may occasionally see the full face enhancement being referred to as a total face enhancement. Both terms refer to a comprehensive approach to facial enhancement with cosmetic injectables.
Check out our comprehensive full face enhancement page for more information on this treatment.