Women & Men
Lip flip Melbourne
A lip flip is a treatment available at Cosmetic Connection Melbourne that adds height to your upper and/or lower lips, and reduces thinning of your top lip when you smile. It works by using muscle-relaxing injections relax the lip muscles, providing an option for people who would like a natural-looking lip enhancement without lip filler.
How it works
Do you want to enhance your lips, but wanting to avoid lip filler? Or perhaps you’ve previously had lip filler and just want that little bit more? A lip flip is a safe, no downtime treatment available in Melbourne that can both increase your upper lip height, and reduce thinning of your top lip when you smile.
A lip flip works by relaxing the lip muscle. This reduces the tension applied to the lips, resulting in a subtle increase in their size, without adding volume.
At Cosmetic Connection Melbourne, we are experienced in crafting bespoke lip augmentation treatments to improve the appearance of your lips. During your comprehensive consultation, we will work with you to design a bespoke treatment plan tailored to your lip goals, and aligned with your expectations.
A lip flip is a common treatment in Melbourne, with benefits that include:
- Increases vertical height of the upper and lower lips
- Soften vertical upper lip lines (also called as smoker’s lines)
- Reduces thinning of your top lip when you smile
Having a lip flip in Melbourne is a simple, quick and convenient procedure that is a great first step for people who want to augment their lips, but who are not ready for lip filler.
Preparation & aftercare
How to prepare for your lip flip in Melbourne:
- Remove all makeup immediately before your appointment
- Avoid consuming excessive alcohol within 24 hours of your lip flip
- Refrain from intense exercise immediately before your treatment
Lip flip Melbourne aftercare:
- You may notice a very slight weakness to the lip when pursing your lips as the treatment takes effect. This generally resolves quickly on its own.
- Avoid makeup, excessive alcohol and intense exercise until the following day
- Refrain from applying pressure to your lips for 4 hours
- Gently apply a wrapped ice pack to your lips to minimise swelling and bruising
Each lip flip is perfectly tailored to you.
Book this treatment through anti-wrinkle injections.
*Applies to all anti-wrinkle treatments done by a medical doctor, and is waived when anti-wrinkle is combined with any dermal filler/collagen stimulating injection treatment.
Most treatments require 4 units.
*If you are treated with the recommended dosage and have any issues post treatment, we will remedy this at no charge.
Get clarity on your treatment in our info hub.
We believe that you deserve to be fully informed about all aspects of your treatment. If you want to dive deeper into the details of this treatment, check out the in-depth information hub.Visit the info hub
We want to answer any possible questions you may have.
If you can’t find the answers to your questions, get in touch with the clinic and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Cosmetic Connection is a dedicated lip flip clinic in Melbourne. Our clinic excels in providing a first-class service, and our cosmetic doctors are some of the most experienced in the country.
We offer a purely bespoke approach to lip flip injections in Melbourne, and will work with you to understand your concerns and develop a bespoke treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.
If you want tailored lip flip treatment in Melbourne, choose the cosmetic doctors at Cosmetic Connection.
A lip flip is a cosmetic treatment that can enhance the appearance of your lips without using lip filler. It relaxes the obicularis oris muscle of the upper and lower lips, to give your lips more vertical height, and reduce lip thinning when you smile.
When having a lip flip, firstly your lips will be cleaned, marked and numbed with strong anaesthetic.
Tiny needles are then used to place a muscle-relaxing product along the border of the top and/or bottom lips.
A lip flip has some mild discomfort because the lips are generally more sensitive than other areas of the face.
Here at Cosmetic Connection Melbourne, we have a range of strong numbing options that can be used to ensure that your lip flip injections are as comfortable as possible. The treatment is also very quick, and has no discomfort once finished.
A lip flip starts to work 3-5 days after the treatment. The final effect is seen 2 weeks after the procedure.
A lip flip usually lasts 2-3 months on average. The longevity depends on the strength of your lip muscle, and how much muscle-relaxing product is injected.
There are a few steps to take before your lip flip in Melbourne to optimise the result, and lower the risk of side effects. They include:
- Cease all anti-inflammatories, aspirin, herbal supplements, fish oil, krill oil, glucosamine and vitamin E 1 week before your treatment (unless you have been advised to take these by a medical practitioner)
- Avoid excessive alcohol for 24 hours before your treatment
- Attend your appointment without makeup
Following your lip flip in Melbourne there may be slight redness and swelling at the injection sites. This will settle quickly after the treatment. Rarely, you may also have a small bruise which can be concealed with makeup that day after your treatment.
A lip flip is categorised as a safe treatment.
Visiting an experienced, doctor-led cosmetic clinic in Melbourne is the best way to ensure that your lip flip is performed as safely as possible.
Why do people get a lip flip in Melbourne?
Are you in Melbourne and looking to augment your lips, but not sure whether to have a lip flip or lip fillers?
A lip flip isa great choice for many people, including:
- For people who want to augment their lips, but aren’t ready for lip fillers.
- If you’ve reached the limit of what lip filler can do, but want a slightly more pronounced result.
- For people who have had lip filler, and want them to look slightly more plump for an event, without the risk of overfilling.
- To improve the top lip thinning when you smile.
A lip flip relaxes the obicularis oris muscle fibres of the upper and/or lower lip to increase the vertical lip height.