So, now that you’ve undergone neck rejuvenation injections, you’ll want to ensure that it looks great for as long as possible.
Here at Cosmetic Connection, we believe that patient education is one of the most important parts of your treatment journey. While the procedure may be minor and non-surgical, it is vital that you know how to make the most of your treatment by carefully adhering to the aftercare instructions for your neck rejuvenation.
Following the neck rejuvenation aftercare is an effective way to achieve and maintain a great and long-lasting result.
What should I avoid after neck rejuvenation treatment?
Until the day after your neck rejuvenation, you should avoid:
- Lying down with pressure on the treated areas (try to sleep on your back)
For the first 24 hours after a neck rejuvenation, you should avoid:
- Intense exercise
- Excessive alcohol
For the first 7 days after your treatment, you should avoid:
- Applying firm pressure to the injected areas
How to reduce swelling after a neck rejuvenation
Here are some great ways you can minimise any swelling from your neck rejuvenation treatment:
- Avoid hot environments until the swelling has resolved. This includes hot showers, saunas and sitting out in the sun.
- You can take an antihistamine on the day of your treatment, as long as you are medically suitable.
- Avoid touching, scratching or picking at the skin of the treated areas.
- Gently apply a wrapped ice pack intermittently (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off) for the first 4 hours after your treatment.
How to reduce bruising after a neck rejuvenation
If you are worried about bruising from your neck rejuvenation, consider following these steps:
- Avoid excessive alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid intense exercise for the first day
- Gently apply a wrapped cold pack intermittently for the first few hours after your neck rejuvenation (be careful not to apply any pressure).
If you have bruising after your neck rejuvenation, you can cover it with makeup the day after your treatment.
What to expect in the first few months after a neck rejuvenation
You can look forward to enjoying an immediate improvement in the appearance of your necks.
In the first few days, there may be some mild swelling and tenderness. Your neck may feel slightly firmer than usual. The final result should be visible 2-12 weeks after your procedure depending on the modalities used when the swelling fully subsides and the treatment fully settles.
You can expect your neck rejuvenation to look great for 12-24 months on average. Double chin fat injections give a permanent result, with neck platysma band injections last 3 months on average.
You can revisit neck rejuvenation on an as needed basis to maintain your result.
Are there any side effects with neck rejuvenation?
All cosmetic medical procedures have potential side effects.
When performed with skill, caution and care, neck rejuvenation treatment is categorised as a low-risk procedure. You can reduce the risk of side effects by following proper neck rejuvenation aftercare.
While it is unlikely, some neck rejuvenation treatment side effects that you may experience include:
- Skin redness that will gradually improve in the first few days.
- Bruising which has about a <5% risk, is usually mild and can be covered with makeup.
- Mild swelling that may make the treated area appear slightly over-corrected for the first 1-3 days.
If you ever notice any rashes or skin discolouration after neck rejuvenation fillers, it is important that you get in touch with us for an assessment. You can send a photo of your concerns using our contact form.
Why is neck rejuvenation aftercare important?
No matter if it’s your first neck rejuvenation treatment or your tenth, following the neck rejuvenation aftercare is very important.
Following these aftercare instructions for your neck rejuvenation is the best way to care for your new look, reduce the chance of side effects and prolong your result.
While these neck rejuvenation aftercare steps may seem minor and trivial, not following them may compromise your result.
We want you to achieve the best result possible and love your new look, so please, take care.
Non-surgical neck rejuvenation with cosmetic injectables
Here at Cosmetic Connection, neck rejuvenation treatment is a great treatment option to improve this often-neglected sign of ageing.
It is a great option to achieve a more youthful neck that can often be a giveaway of your age, or even make you look older than you are.
Check out our comprehensive neck rejuvenation treatment page for more information on this procedure.