Dermal fillers are sweeping the globe in popularity. When used correctly they can immediately achieve notable improvements in your appearance. Combined with their convenience, how well they work, their excellent safety profile, and reversibility, you may be surprised at just some of the things that they can do.
Dermal fillers are injectable substances that are used to add volume, reshape facial features smooth out wrinkles. They are typically made of a substance based a naturally occurring molecule known as hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the skin. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin using a fine needle or a blunt dermal filler cannula. The effects of dermal fillers are typically temporary and need maintaining every 6-24 months, depending on the specific product and the individual’s skin type and metabolism. So, where are the most common areas to have dermal fillers injected?
Top 5 most popular areas to have dermal filler in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia
- Lips – Dermal fillers can be used to add volume, definition and shape to the lips, as well as smooth out lines around the mouth. They can also improve lip symmetry.
- Cheeks – Fillers can be used to add volume to the cheeks and improve the contours of the face.
- Under the eyes – Dermal fillers can be used to reduce the appearance of dark circles and hollows under the eyes.
- Jawline – The shape and definition of the jawline can be enhanced.
- Nose – Fillers can be used to smooth out a dorsal hump, improve the appearance of a deviation, and add projection to the nose tip for a more lifted appearance.
As a bonus, here are some more niche things that can be treated with dermal fillers:
- Hands: The back of the hands typically become hollow with age. Fillers can be used here to plump the skin, reducing the appearance of prominent veins and tendons.
- Forehead: A hugely under-rated treatment area, forehead fillers can reduce forehead hollowing and shadows, support the skin to reduce wrinkles, and give the forehead a more pleasing shape. It is under-rated because it is an advanced area to treat, requiring extensive experience in cosmetic medicine.
- Penis: Yes that’s right, dermal fillers can be used to increase penile girth. Need we say more?